According to Russian Presidential Decree No. 202 “On peculiarities of application of enhanced security measures in the Russian Federation during the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup and the 2018 FIFA World Cup” dated May 9, 2017, foreign nationals who have crossed the Russian border must be registered at the place of temporary stay or constant residence within 1 day. Either the host party, or the foreign citizen personally must register at the local migration office.
The new rule applies to the following cities during the noted periods:
- From 1 June 2017 to 12 July 2017 in Kazan, Moscow, St. Petersburg and Sochi (the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup);
- From 25 May 2018 to 25 July 2018 in Volgograd, Ekaterinburg, Kazan, Kaliningrad, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, St. Petersburg, Saransk and Sochi (the 2018 FIFA World Cup FIFA) .
These regulations do not apply to foreign nationals who are members of the World Cup, the Confederations Cup, nor do the regulations apply to representatives of FIFA, subsidiaries of FIFA, the confederations and national football associations which are included in the list of FIFA organizations.
It is recommended that affected organizations/persons confirm with the local migration offices the exact procedures regarding the organization of migration registration during the indicated periods for better planning of such registrations.
29_05_ALERT (RUS_ENG)_Migration registration_FIFA
24 марта 2017 года за круглым столом собрались HR-специалисты, руководители и юристы крупнейших компаний для получения максимально подробной информации относительно вопросов обжалования Актов Государственной инспекции труда. Мероприятие проходило в формате “вопрос-ответ”, поэтому участникам в ходе обсуждения удалось получить ответы на самые важные вопросы, относящиеся к тематике мероприятия из уст опытного и профессионального лектора.
Благодарим Вас за участие и взаимный обмен опытом. Мы будем рады видеть Вас 21 апреля 2017 года на очередном круглом столе: “Актуальные проблемы кадрового делопроизводства. Профстандарты и независимая оценка квалификации”.
WatersOAG partners Olesya Galkova and Russell Waters recently presented during the Doing Business in Eurasia conference organized by the Mid-Atlantic – Eurasia Business Council and World Trade Center in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The conference was organized to address emerging business opportunities for foreign companies and to provide guidance on the legal, financial and regulatory environment in Eurasian countries, including the Eurasian Economic Union and Eastern Europe. Mr. Waters provided an overview of the Russian business climate while Olesya Galkova addressed recent legal developments in the Russian Federation.
Dear colleagues and partners!
On March 8th, International Women’s Day, all of us at WatersOAG wish to extend our very best wishes to all of the women with whom we have the pleasure of working. We wish each and every one of you good health, prosperity and happiness.
May you always be surrounded by those who appreciate you!
Поздравляем Вас с прекрасным праздником 8 Марта!
Желаем Вам здоровья, весеннего настроения, теплого солнца, улыбок, радости, удачи. Пусть Вы будете всегда окружены заботой, вниманием и любовью.
Dear colleagues and partners!
On February 23d Russia celebrates Men’s Day to recognize the achievements of all the men in our lives. On this day WatersOAG would like to extend our best wishes to the men with whom we have the pleasure of working. We wish you joy and success in all your endeavors.
От лица компании WatersOAG поздравляем Вас с Днём защитника Отечества! Желаем Вам успехов в любых начинаниях, быстрых и смелых решений, деловых побед и новых творческих идей!
February: “The latest labor legislation changes which all HR managers need to know in 2017”
- Basic changes to labor legislation in 2016. The practical impact of these changes in labor relations
- Changes to labor law effective 2017
- Overview of important legislative bills that are effective or may be shortly. Changes for 2017
March: “Appealing acts of the State Labor Inspectorate”
- Strategy for employers undergoing audits of the State Labor Inspectorate
- Decisions of the State Labor Inspectorate and the procedure for appeal
- Ways to discharge administrative liability
- Ways to prove the absence of responsibility for the company CEO
- Steps to reduce the amount of administrative fines
- Case law as instructions to defend the company’s interests
April: “Current problems of HR recordkeeping. Professional standards and independent qualification assessment”
- The meaning of the professional standards and their purposes
2. Information regarding mandatory professional standards
- Professional standards as assistance in the specification of labor functions and responsibilities
- Conditions and the procedures to terminate employment of an employee for non-conformity with professional standards
- Complete guide for independent qualification assessment
May: “Employer’s mistakes in the termination of employment: case law and preventive actions”
- General rules of employment termination. The most common mistakes in connection with violations of procedures
- Review of common mistakes: Termination of employment initiated by employer; Voluntary termination of employment by employee; Termination of employment by agreement of the parties;Termination of employment on other grounds.
- Implementation of the guidelines by employer to prevent mistakes associated with termination of employment.
- Overview of case law
June: “Overview of case law regarding resolution of labor disputes. Employer’s actions for prevention of losses in typical disputes”
- Ranking of the most frequent labor disputes.
- Methods of prevailing in lawsuits involving: Employee reinstatement; Recovery of wages; Recovery of material damages
- Other common employer/employee disputes. Tactics to protect the company interests.
- Methods of organizing effective judicial and pre-trial work within the company. Designation of the person responsible for resolving labor disputes within the company. Pros and cons of Lawyer, HR manager, security services.
17-02_ALERT (RUS_ENG)_programme & topics
* Text articles are the intellectual property of the company “WatersOAG” LLC and are protected by Russian law on copyright and related rights. The full or partial copying, reproduction or the duplication in any media, including in electronic form, is strictly prohibited.
We thank the participants for their interesting questions and a lively discussion at the round table “How to motivate employees to work”, held by WatersOAG on October 28, 2016 at our Moscow office.