- This event has passed.
WatersOAG Round Table – Foreign Employees (Russia): Changes in 2018 – 2019
March 1, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmR.4500
- Legal Status of Highly Qualified Specialist (HQS): legal definition of HQS; differences between HQS and other foreign workers statuses provided for by Russian laws; conditions to be met for the employer to hire a foreign worker as an HQS; restrictions on hiring foreign workers as an HQS; peculiarities of hiring HQS when they obtain a temporary residence permit or permanent residence permit in the Russian Federation.
- HQS Work Permit: procedure for obtaining a work permit; Validity (terms) of HQS work permit; conditions, rules and deadlines for submission of documents by the employer for the renewal and amendment of HQS work permits; grounds for cancellation of work permits.
- Employment agreement:conditions that should be contained in an HQS employment agreement; legal requirements and practice.
- Work visa and letter of invitation to enter the Russian Federation: the procedure and terms for obtaining a visa and letter of invitation; conditions, rules and deadlines for submission of documents by employer for renewal of HQS visas; cases when a visa can be canceled.
- HQS migration registration:general rules and peculiarities of HQS travels in the Russian Federation, business trips (duty travel).
- Notifications of the migration authorities related to HQS: when it is necessary to notify state authorities; fines and prohibitions imposed on employers for non-compliance with legal requirements.
- HQS accompanying members (family): HQS and their family members, rights and obligations; medical insurance of HQS and their family members.
- Changes in legislation regarding foreign workers as of 2018: new rules for registration of foreign citizens at the place of residence; de-registration of foreign citizens from their residence on the basis of special notification of the receiving party; responsibility for assisting foreign citizens illegally staying in the Russian Federation.
- Changes in legislation regarding foreign workers adopted as of 2019: new responsibilities of inviting parties; fines imposed on companies – employers (their officials) for failing to perform the duties of the inviting party.
This post is also available in: Russian